The Health and Social Care Focus Group is interested in the well-being and development of Health and social care for Zimbabweans residing in the United Kingdom and further extends its services to Zimbabweans in Zimbabwe and at a later stage global awareness of Zimbabweans Health and Social Care issues.
To develop and empower a people of destiny who will influence generations. To ensure people recognize that change starts from within and everyone is capable of maximizing their potential regardless of health and social background or other circumstances they may be confronted with.
The Focus Group under health is categorised into the provision of:
· Training of Healthcare professional at all levels. Focusing on the delivery of health care services and raise awareness on issues and legislation regarding healthcare
· Holistic approach to provide healthcare needs for individuals and raising awareness amongst professional that health looks beyond the presenting illness
· Liaising with educational institutions in an aim to further raise healthcare awareness in schools and other educational institutions
· Working towards the advancement of Healthcare for Zimbabweans
The focus Group must apply itself to furthering the following :
1. The relief of financial hardship by the provision of free legal advice and assistance to Zimbabweans who, through lack of means, would otherwise be unable to obtain such advice.
2. The relief of the physical and mental sickness of Zimbabweans in need by reason of addiction to [substance], in particular by the provision of counselling and support.
3. To relieve the mental and physical sickness of Zimbabweans resident in the United Kingdom suffering from bereavement or loss by the provision of counselling and support for such persons.
4. To advance the education and training of Zimbabweans persons and their dependants in need thereof so as to advance them in life and assist them to adapt within a new community.
5. The provision of facilities for recreation or other leisure time occupation with the object of improving the conditions of life of those persons who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, financial hardship or social and economic circumstances.
6. The relief of sickness and financial hardship amongst Zimbabweans who are victims of domestic violence and who reside in the United Kingdom by the provision of shelters, counselling, vocational and skills training, advice and support
7. The relief of the psychological, social and physical challenges faced by Zimbabweans and their families who are suffering from HIV Aids and ensure they have access to services and are not excluded from their communities.
8. To facilitate the re-uniting of Zimbabweans who have lost contact with friends and families in Zimbabwe
9. To address issues concerning the welfare and well-being of orphans, widows and the elderly who may have lost families as a result of HIV and AIDS as well as other related circumstances.
10. To liaise with other agencies regarding issues surrounding child abuse, domestic violence and prostitution and homelessness.
The Group Facilitators are:
Pamela attended Peterhouse Girls School in Marondera Zimbabwe before moving to the United Kingdom where she completed her secondary education. She undertook her LLB Honours Degree at Middlesex University and attended The College of Law Guildford Surrey where she undertook the LPC. She qualified as a Solicitor in February 2000 and immediately on completion set up her own fast growing and highly reputable Law Firm “Chipatiso and Co Solicitors.” She is also a partner and co-founder of two other reputable fast growing law firms in the United Kingdom.
Pamela is a proud Zimbabwean and has a passion to the people of Zimbabwe develop and excel regardless of location and circumstances. Her heartbeat is to see that people of Zimbabwe prosper and achieve their purpose and destiny in all areas including health and social well-being.
Melary attended Peterhouse Girls School in Marondera, Zimbabwe. She undertook studies in marketing and qualified with the Institute of Marketing Management based in South Africa. She later worked for Econet Wireless as Regional Manager based in Bulawayo and was the head of training and staff development within that region.
She then moved to the United Kingdom and changed career. She qualified as a Nurse with Middlesex University. As she has a desire to influence people and develop leaders, she studied towards becoming a trainer in Health and Social care which includes all mandatory training in the areas of: Moving and handling, health and safety, infection control (she is an infection control Link nurse), Mental Health Awareness, dementia, drug and alcohol abuse, safeguarding adults and children, food hygiene, medication management, communication and record keeping. Melary set up her own company and is Managing Director of this very successful, growing Training Institute located in Thurrock which provides healthcare training to care staff. Melary is accredited to provide healthcare training in the United Kingdom with a reputation that exceeds her.
You can contact us on